Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Pair of Wheels


I'm a huge fan of the Nike Shox, I have 5 pairs. I like the large cushioned heel and the support all throughout the front and sides of the shoe - your foot feels enclosed and protected as if in a light plastic boot. With all the heel slamming I do, I love seeing those solid rubber pistons in the heel, shielding my feet and joints from the rock hard concrete and asphalt roads.

BUT it was time for a new pair and I've gone with another shoe - the Adidas megabounce 09s. Three reasons:

1. I tried both in store and the megabounce felt much more cushioned, and, well, bouncy. That's got to be a good thing in a long distance running shoe.
2. They were 20% cheaper. I go through a lot of shoes and I'm not a fan of what Nike charges for the Shox.
3. They felt lighter.

I'll report back on how they do after a week of running.

1 comment:

  1. i like light and cheap as well. sounds good. i've been hooked on mizuno's this year though.

    ReplyDelete