Thursday, June 4, 2009

10k at 6:38 avg mile pace at 98 degrees

After work I did a quick run at Wetlands park, a 10k in 41 minutes. I felt fresh and relaxed after taking a rest day yesterday and finally having recovered from last weeks relay elevation and incline quad busting craziness.

After the run I met some friends for a half mile swim - am I entertaining thoughts of taking the triathlon plunge? No - I'm a terribly slow swimmer. A tri relay though - I think I could hold down the running leg pretty solidly.

2 comments:

  1. Those are excellent plans, doing a tri. Way too hard-core for me, but you definitely sound fit enough to fly through training for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shizzle that's hot. it's supposed to be in the low 90's for my triathlon sunday. i'm hoping to break one hour for the 10k run part.

    if you've got a bike and can already swim half a mile, you should dive in to triathlon. it's a blast.

    ReplyDelete