Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moderation in the face of 100 degree days

I had a bonk of sorts last night. Instead of the ten mile tempo run I had planned, I bailed and went to swing dance lessons at the las palmas Cuban restaurant downtown.

I don't know if it was the 100 degree heat or that I just preferred the social activity. But I will probably not be as fast this summer as I had hoped. I've skipped some runs the last few weeks. If instead I am a better dancer then I will consider that a victory.

The swing lessons are fun and there are more women than men there most nights. That's all I know right now ;)

4 comments:

  1. Does swing dancing count as cross training?
    Great job on your last run. I can't remember running in weather so hot! Stay hydrated and keep dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swing dancing is always inticing. How was the parnter? Makes a difference...

    My complaint about our 95 degree CO weather is paltry compared with your consistent heat. I acquiese. You win.

    ~carpeviam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that cross training. sounds like fun! you gotta beat the heat somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely counts as cross-training...especially once you get good and move as fast as the pros do. It is quite a workout!

    Please don't ask how I know...

    ReplyDelete