Friday, May 22, 2009

Going for 15 today

It's not quite as hot today and I'm due for a 15 miler. I feel like I have to make this distance my friend if I'm going to improve my endurance this summer. My goal is to head out at about 6 after work and do the entire run at the park, mostly on the 2 mile loop that is flat and fast, at about a 7:15 average. I will try very hard to maintain consistency, to not dip below 7 on any mile, and to not worry about my 13.1 split.

If I could do one of these a week I think I would be crushing my prs. Here's to breaking down barriers.

2 comments:

  1. Have a great run! I'll be keeping my ears open for the sound of crashing barriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barriers are meant to be broken. What a coincidence that I'm doing 15 as well tomorrow and hoping for the same goals as yours.

    ReplyDelete