Sunday, May 17, 2009

An easy 6 miles and a bad poker session

I did a morning 6 miler on the Strip and then a 9 hour red cross CPR/AED class and then a poker session where everything that could go wrong did. Did I play well? Not particularly. But it didn't help that none of my draws got there and all of the villains' did.

If nothing else the weekend reminded me of why I don't play poker much anymore, why running is a better hobby - you get a certain amount of guaranteed satisfaction from the running. Whereas poker can leave you in a bad place.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. There's so much variance in poker that it's hard to be successful. Running though is always healthier than not running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea running is better than poker. but i can say that because i stink at poker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I imagine poker is a less harmful addiction than crack or heroin, but viewed objectively I have to admit that it's not good for me. Whereas with the running I'm always guaranteed a certain amount of personal satisfaction from what I put into it. I just have to keep reminding myself of this, to "stay on target".

    ReplyDelete