Tuesday, March 24, 2009

10k at 43:17

Monday run with the group in Henderson. I finally figured out how to set laps on the Garmin with 1 mile increments - a very cool thing. Definitely going to leave that on for every run. So after the first mile warm up I was happy with how I settled into a 10 second range of about 6:55 to 7:05:

Mile splits

Then afterwards I hit the gym on the way home for a quick session - about 20 minutes of quad lifts, calf lifts and 300 or so situps. Legs and core - my new cross training mantra. Leaving the arms and chest alone - I've never seen a Kenyan with big arms. Just sayin':


Tonight I'll do 400's for real - I'll have to set the Garmin for interval training for this, wondering how that will work.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun getting acquainted with all the features of your new friend. If I may, I'll just add one more. It's called Sporttracks. If you're not using it, you're missing out. Google it and see for yourself. Just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i haven't tried setting the garmin for interval training. i just did some yesterday. good job on the 10k!

    ReplyDelete