Friday, August 7, 2009

Quick 5k at the dog park

20:48 with mile splits of 6:41, 6:44, 6:42. A bit of speed practice, fun to see the dogs at the park, close to home - a nice little workout.

Also tried out some new Adidas Megabounce trainers that were on sale at the Finish Line and I'd say they're basically the same as the Nike Shox but with a little less support in the upper and a little more cushioning in the sole. Good shoes, they do the job. My fourth pair this year (2 shox, 2 megabounce) - all still in use, I rotate, they say it makes them last longer, I aim to get 400 to 500 miles on each pair. I like that both shoes have a big fat heel - I don't know for certain that this equates to more cushioning, but it sure looks and feels that way, and I'll take a good placebo effect any day.

Garmin Connect

2 comments:

  1. The shoes look good, and I would also go for the placebo effect. It's all about perception.

    How is the shoe-rotation working for you? And are there any great differences between the pairs? Or do they run about the same (support, cushioning, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on the non-race 5k! speedy.

    what kind of garmin do you have? i think i have decided on the 405 w/ hrm (but not the cx - i don't like blue and yes i will base my decision on color!) :)

    ReplyDelete