Thursday, August 13, 2009

10 miles at 101 degrees

A hot day but fortunately there was some shade out at Pittman Wash on this thursday evening run with the Village Runners. Most were doing 6 miles but with Portland in only 6 weeks I needed to do 10. The mileage felt good except for the heat, which topped out at 105 today but was probably only 100 or 101 at the time of the run, and with the shade it was tolerable. It's really only direct sunlight that bothers me. I had my hydration bottle and used all of it.

I think I could've done 655 average but I ran the first 3 miles with the slower runners to chat some. Perhaps tomorrow morning I'll take a swing at sub 7.

Garmin Connect

5 comments:

  1. Great run. I saw that you ran across town. Didn't the roads you needed to cross bother you too much? I can imagine that traffic would require you to slow down every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it slow in the heat makes sense and talking is always fun...way to go to make your run enjoyable rather than miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap that's hot! stay hydrated bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 101 is described as "tolerable." We out here on the coast are spoiled rotten, as I am reminded once again. Portland is going to seem freezing cold to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive words!

    Yes Count running in the park is so much better than waiting at traffic lights and sucking fumes!

    True re the hydration and moderating the pace.

    Yes Victoria Portland is beautiful! It will be chilly, but chilly weather is ideal for long distance running - so I'll take it any day.

    ReplyDelete