Tuesday, August 4, 2009

5.8 miles at 6:58 pace at 103 degrees

First 4 miles under 7 min pace, 5k time of 20:39, at 103 degrees at 1 pm. 6:31, 6:44, 6:49, 6:57. So that was a good workout considering the heat. Only problem? I had nothing left at the end of the run and the last 1.8 miles were at 7:30 pace or so. It would be nice to be able to maintain 6:45 through a 10k in this heat. That would set me up for maintaining 6:45 through 13.1 at normal temperatures which I will need to be able to do this fall.

Garmin Connect

5 comments:

  1. dude, i'd be happy getting 10 steps at that pace in that heat. but my hair would start melting after 5 steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good pace considering that heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so very fast! I cannot even imagine the heat, let alone your speed in that kind of heat.

    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. still very impressive to me, though i can certainly understand your reasoning. i definitely won't be moving to las vegas anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the positive input guys! That was a hot one - the mild winters are nice, but this heat is the price paid for it.

    ReplyDelete