Monday, February 23, 2009

A Runner should always Live near a Park

I cannot think of a more important residential and daily quality of life issue for a runner than to have a nice place nearby to run. Fortunately I have one of the few parks in Las Vegas just about a mile outside my front door. It's called Wetlands Park and the city got a bunch of money from the Hoover Dam to build it because it helps them recycle water and reduce demand on Lake Mead or some such engineering jibber jabber. The important thing is it means there's a lovely green spot with trees and birds and grass and running water nearby where I can prance like a gazelle to my heart's content. I'll move on to the pictures now before my prose gets too fanciful - can you tell I'm having my bedtime glass of merlot as I type?

Yes this is Las Vegas, hard to believe eh:







6 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. A park with a good track is a must. I say this because I don't have one near me!!! I drive across town 2-3 times a week to run in a wonderful park. I've caught myself looking at houses around that park on my way home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love pictures. Especially of cool places to run. Good luck at Red Rock.

    Go ROCK Red Rock!

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried to abstain. Really I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, i can't believe that park is in vegas! that's beautiful place to run. i like to run around a lake at the local college because it's almost (but not quite) that scenic.

    you're coming to raleigh march 28th? sweet. that's going to be a great race. I'm trying to move the fam to raleigh right now. But that date i have a bike ride in the mountains (western nc) www.assaultonthecarolinas.com

    i'm glad you like my blog, too. you're way faster than i am right now, but i still think it will be fun to watch me roll through these races and tri's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It really does help so much to have a nice, green place to run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree wholeheartedly. Also, those are some a-mazing photos. Feel free to post loads more in future for our viewing delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to believe that is Vegas indeed. So much (natural)green!

    ReplyDelete