Monday, February 23, 2009

Game Plan for March

In two weeks I'll be running the red rock half marathon out on the west side of Vegas. It'll be hilly but I'm still hoping to tear it up. My practice plan is a strong running plan complemented by a lot of crosstraining involving swimming, light weightlifting, and yoga. I am trying to balance the running with other workouts that don't take as much out of my body with the constant impacts and joint strain of the long runs.

I've also made changes to my diet. I now avoid chocolate, fast food, soft drinks, and excessive portions. I eat powerbars before workouts, and have been making soy protein powder juice shakes and mixing the powder in with oatmeal. I also eat more fruits and drink more juice.

These efforts are to get me into top form for the half marathon on March 7th. I'd like to break my PR of 1:28 if possible, despite the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment