Sunday, May 3, 2009

Quick Run in Green Lake, WA

Last weekend I was in Seattle for two days and had the pleasure of running at a lovely little 3 mile loop around a park lake that goes by the name of Green Lake. It's just north of downtown Seattle. Apparently there's no end of nice running trails in this city so I'm sure if you ever visit you'll find something that works for you quite easily - but still, if you can, run at Green Lake. It's flat and scenic and had lovely blooming cherry trees and many tulips and daffodils. Also the Brooks company HQ outlet store is close in Bothell, where they sell the latest running gear at 50% plus markdowns.

Map of the park and run here:

Garmin Connect

The park was so nice it raised my spirits and despite very little warm up I managed to drop quite a bit below my usual pace - it must have been the lovely surroundings. I love Washington state.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! sounds like a fun run. I love getting a run in a different location.

    ReplyDelete