Tuesday, September 15, 2009

15 mile marathon training run at 7:22 pace

15 miles at Wetlands Park in the AM at 7:22 pace. Beautiful cool fall morning. I felt good the whole way, with the pace dropping down to 7:05 at mile 8. Portland Marathon in 18 days - I wish this had been a 20 mile run instead of just 15, I'd feel more confident going into that race, with more longer distance training. But it was a hot hot summer and I was working full time and breaking up with my girlfriend and amidst all that I couldn't quite figure out how to make the proper training schedule happen. Anyway, good run today.

Garmin Connect

I used a 10 ounce amphipod handheld water bottle which fits nicely into the hand and seems to be enough water to get the job done. No music, no ipod - I've taken a break lately from the music, although there's no question I run about 10% faster with it - which is a big difference over a long race. I might use the ipod at Portland, haven't decided yet. Sometimes it's nice just to run with the sounds of the park and a clear head and plenty of time to think.

3 comments:

  1. Super pace! Sounds like you've had a lot going on in your life, you should be happy with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet you're excited things are starting to cool off some for the fall too huh? have fun speed demon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. training in the summer heat has been rough on me this year-more so mentally/emotionally I think than physically. anyway, solid 15-miler. I've never thought about music making me faster... hmm is that your secret? :) enjoy a little extra down time (hopefully?) over the next few days before Portland!

    ReplyDelete